Privacy Notice September 2018
This notice explains what happens when we process your personal information. It covers when and why we collect personal information, how we use it and what we do with it.
All processing of personal data will be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in accordance with general UK legislation.
It is important for you to read this so that you are properly informed and also are aware of your rights under GDPR.
Personal data is any information by which an individual person can be identified. This includes a name, an identification number, address, email address, IP address, photo, date of birth and phone number. This also covers any factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a person.
Processing includes collection, recording, organising, storage, adapting, retrieval, use, erasure or destruction.
We are committed to keeping your information securely and with respect.
For any information please contact Anne Phillips at Ransom Hall South Ransom Wood Business Park Mansfield Nottinghamshire NG21 0HJ
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 0759 004 7669
For independent advice about data protection issues you can contact the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
- What Information do we collect?
We only collect information when we need it to provide our services, to promote our services, to maintain our accounts and records and comply with UK law.
For general enquiries by phone or email
- We will have your name and email or telephone number and the nature of your query and our reply
For provision of our Services
- We will have your name, address email, telephone number and whatever further information necessary for the safe and successful provision of our services. Further information will also be obtained throughout until the service is concluded and will be kept in our records.
We also process personal information about our suppliers, employees, independent contractors, advisers and other professional experts.
We sometimes process sensitive classes of information for which we will request specific consent from the individual.
To receive our email newsletter
- We will need you name and email address
- We will need your consent to be added to the newsletter mailing list
- We will use this information to provide you with periodic newsletters
- Who will we share your data with?
We sometimes need to share personal information with other organisations that we work with or who provide services on our behalf. When sharing information we will comply with all aspects of current data protection law.
Where necessary or required we share information with
- Business associates and other professional advisers
- Financial organisations
- Current, past or prospective employers and employees
- Official bodies
- Suppliers and services providers.
We never share personal information with any other organisation for third party marketing purposes.
Third Parties will also have access to some of your information through your use of our website www.barkleybusinessservices.co.uk on a limited basis. These will include Google Analytics and our own current bank.
- The Legal Basis for the Processing
The legal basis for processing shall be:
- The individual has given consent to the processing of their personal information
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the individual prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- Processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party except where overridden by the interests of the individual especially where a child is involved.
- Security of Processing
We are implementing technical and organisational measures to ensure personal information processed remains secure but absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
- How long will we keep your data?
Personal data is retained only as long as necessary to comply with statutory retention periods. At the end of those periods the data will be securely deleted provided it is no longer required to fulfil the contract or any legal proceedings
- Failure to provide data
Sometimes the provision of personal data by an individual is required by law or failure to provide can result in us being unable to conclude the contract agreed. If an individual should fail to supply such information we shall not be liable for the consequences of being unable to complete any contract.
- Your rights
We are committed to upholding your rights in respect of your personal data.
- Right of Access
You have a right to ask us what personal information we hold about you and to request a free copy of your information. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). SARs need to be in writing and we ask it is accompanied by proof of your identity and address.
If you want specific information e.g. a particular time frame please clarify this in your written confirmation of consent.
If someone is requesting information on your behalf we shall need your written consent and evidence of ID for both of you.
We have to comply you with the information you request within 30 days although we will endeavour to do so as soon as possible.
- Right to Rectification
You can ask us to rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please assist us by informing us of any obvious changes.
- Right to erasure
This is known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. In some circumstances you can ask for your data to be deleted or removed. However we will need to consider each case on its circumstances and it may be that we are obliged to retain the data under our legal and other obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent
Where consent forms the basis of processing you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
In the first instance please send any complaints to Anne Phillips as above. If you are not satisfied with the response then you should contact the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Phone : 0303 123 1113 Website : www.ico.org.uk
You may not transfer any of you rights under this Privacy Notice to any other person. We may transfer pour rights where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
This Notice will be governed by the laws of England and Wales
This Notice will be updated from time to time and a copy of the latest version will be on our website.